Monday, January 30, 2012

Confessions of a first time blogger

First and foremost a disclaimer: I've never been a blogger nor blog reader. Even when my sister started her own blog I told her that I would not be subscribing to hers because I just don't read blogs. The irony: Upon starting my spring semester at Sierra Nevada College, wouldn't you know it, I am required to start a blog! Go figure! The blog is for my Social Sustainability and Social Justice class.


The first week of class introduced me  to a different view of sustainability from being sustainable in politics, economy, socially and in life instead of just assuming sustainability is "Green". So I pledge that with this blog I will share not only what my views or opinions might be about social sustainability but to hopefully persuade and broaden those who read this into viewing the term sustainability by social sustainability and social justice and not just the "green effect".


 I'm looking forward to see where this semester and this class takes me, especially to see how I end up feeling about writing a blog and perhaps I'll even start reading other peoples blogs on a daily basis, even my sisters.

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing more about this "sustainability" you speak of. And seeing more pics of Leo, I hope. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOSE!! I love your blog so far! Keep em coming! I have one as well... its a little lame at first (me talking about a workout method) but the blogs get better... okay maybe they all kinda suck but I do have one lol. First time bloggers unite! http://candycoatedshots.blogspot.com/
    Love Patsy

    ReplyDelete