Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Who are we kidding?

I think we all like to assume that we are a more trustworthy and honest country compared to the rest of the world. Yes we do have more opportunities provided and allowed for us than most other countries, and the U.S. population does not have to worry about waking up in the morning to bombs being dropped in your town or massacre happening outside our front doors. I do think we have to realize and I think most of us do that our politics can be and are very dirty and have become unfair in a system where they were designed to be equal to all.

The reason to my ramblings is due to a statement in this chapter made by two of the Latino activists that compared how the Mexico government is corruption to how the American government can be corrupt as well. Except that unlike Mexico where it is done it front of you, the American government is more subtle and hush hush about what is actually happening. Its like that saying "keeping up appearances"

I agree with these statements, I mean in a way we are corrupt, we just go about it a different way so that when the media reports on some government matter or involvement its made to look better than it really is. So that for those who put 100% of their faith in the politicians and laws they end up seeing positivity, that they are doing the right thing. Don't get me wrong I love and appreciate where I live, but I do think that we cant kid ourselves and pretend these issues of someone or a group is being taking advantage of either from the government or those with power is not happening. Sitting by and allowing it to happening to one person, doesn't mean it wont land on our doorstep also.

No comments:

Post a Comment